Friday, November 6, 2009

Wardrobe change, cant settle on shoes. Being tall, don't consider heels?

I'm trying to shift my wardrobe from all sports wear to more dress casual/work casual outfits. However when I go to buy dress tops, or formal trousers (since I don't like the feel of skirts or dresses) I find myself frustrated at the cuts and thin materials commonplace. However, where I have the most difficult/concerns are with shoes.


I'm tall (5'9") and I find of dress shoes, (or non-sneakers), I only find tall heels attractive and flats utterly unflattering. I don't like those 1-inch heels (kitten heels I believe they're called), and I've yet to find a low shoe that I'd be willing to wear. Since I'm tall, however, I'm concerned about wearing heels seeing as they will skyrocket me into the air. I don't want to draw attention to my height however, I don't know any compensation towards my height and shoes that I believe would look attractive.

Wardrobe change, cant settle on shoes. Being tall, don't consider heels?
I completely understand where you are coming from. I am 5'10 and dealt with the same issue upon graduation of highschool and moving into the "real world".


You obviously dont want to be uncomfortable, with your self or with your clothes, but to be honest... a heel is going to make you taller, but you just need to carry it well. My best advice as far as that goes is just do it. Dont get the extremely tall ones.. I normally range between 1 1/2 inches- 2 inches.Ive also found that those "ballerina flats" are extremely comfortable (believe it or not) and they come in such a range of colors you cant go wrong.


Basically it just takes time to adjust, you need to be proud of your height (I used to hate it), you just have to not worry about it, when we're this tall another inch or 2 doesnt matter much. Just go to different shoe stores, whenever you pass one if you have time just go in and look. Sometimes youll find one pair of shoes that you like, sometimes none, sometimes 5. So just use time, patience and dont be too unwilling with those heels.
Reply:Don't be afraid of being tall. I'm 5'11" and wear heels all the time. Wear what feels comfortable and looks great. Then hold your head up, throw your shoulders back (posture is sooo important!), and be yourself. You'll be envied by all.



books title c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive